Terms & Conditions
1. GENERAL. A.K. Holidays, ‘the Agents’, act only for the owners of the property, ‘the Owners’. Clients applying to rent property are referred to as ‘the Applicants’ until such time as they take up residence when they are referred to as ‘the Tenants’.
2. DEPOSIT. Bookings will only be accepted in writing on the Agent’s official booking form (either completed on our website or over the phone and a confirmation will be sent to you) and, providing the booking is made at least twenty- eight days before the tenancy is due to start, is to be accompanied by a deposit of one-third of the rent plus the administration fee. If a booking
is made less that twenty-eight days before arrival, the full rent plus any additional charges and the administration fee, is due at the time of booking. In the event of a booking not being accepted by the Agents, all monies paid will be refunded immediately.
3. FINAL PAYMENT. Once the booking form is received and accepted by the Agents, the Applicants are liable for the payment of the balance of rent, plus any additional charges, four weeks before the start of the tenancy. Applicants residing abroad are required to send the final payment
six weeks in advance. Non-payment by the due date will be treated as a cancellation and the Agents may re-let the property without reference to the Applicants, who remain liable for payment of the full amount, although credit will be given for any rents received as a result of the re-letting, less the Agent’s expenses.
4. CHANGING BOOKINGS. Once a booking has been accepted by the Agents, the booking can only be changed to another property by treating the original booking as a cancellation (see paragraph 5 below). The holiday dates may be changed providing the property is available for the new dates and the Owner is agreeable to the change. In either event, a £10 re-booking fee is payable.
5. CANCELLATION. In the event that the tenants wish to cancel a booking, they must notify the agency immediately and they remain liable for any balance of rent outstanding. However, the Agents will endeavour to re-let the property and, if successful, will normally refund the balance of the rent after deduction of an administration charge of £20, plus any expenses incurred in re-letting. The expenses charged for re-letting will be at the discretion of the Agents. We strongly recommend that Holiday Cancellation Insurance be taken out and details of a Tourist Board recommended broker can be sent to you by request.
6. PRICES CHARGED. The Agents reserve the right to amend prices quoted in the brochure due to errors or omissions.
7. METHOD OF PAYMENT. Payments can be made by debit or credit card on our website or by phone on 01872 571575. To pay via bank transfer, please call us for our bank details. Unfortunately, we are no longer able to accept cheques
8. OVERSEAS BOOKING. Applicants resident abroad must allow an additional two weeks when sending the final payment (six weeks in advance). A supplementary charge of £15 is payable on all overseas bookings.
9. TENANT’S OBLIGATIONS. The Tenants agree:
a) To pay for all gas, electricity, fuel and telephone charges incurred during the tenancy, where such charges are not specified in the rent.
b) To pay for any losses or damages to the property, however caused (reasonable wear and tear excluded) unless the cost of making good such loss or damage can be fully recovered under any householder’™s insurance policy, maintained by the Owners.
c) To take good care of the property and leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the tenancy.
d) To permit the Owners and Agents reasonable access to the property.
e) Not to part with possession of the property, or share it, except with members of the party shown on the booking form.
f) Not to cause an annoyance or become a nuisance to tenants or occupants of adjoining premises.
g) Not to exceed the total number of party stated on booking form and in any event not to exceed the maximum capacity for property booked.
h) A £100 Security Deposit is taken on all bookings at 1 or 2 bedroom properties and £200 on all other properties as a pre authorisation on a debit/credit card and is cancelled at the end of the holiday once the property has been inspected and the Agent is satisfied that the Tenants obligations (above) have been complied with. A K Holidays reserves the right to recoup all costs as a result of damage caused by guests or additional cleaning required which could be significantly more that the initial security deposit.
10. NON-AVAILABILITY OF PROPERTY. If , for any reason beyond the Owner’s control (e.g. fire damage) the property is not available on the date booked, all rent paid in advance will be refunded in full, but the Applicants shall have no further claim against the Owners or the Agents.
11. DESCRIPTION OF PROPERTY. The Agents give no guarantee as to the state of condition of the property and whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the description in their brochure, the Agents can accept no liability for inaccuracies in these particulars, nor can they accept any responsibility or be liable for any loss or damage resulting from information given or statements made. The Agents will not be liable for any act, neglect or default on the part of the Owners or other persons, nor for any accident, damage, loss, injury, expense or inconvenience, whether to person or property, which the Tenants or any other person may suffer or incur, arising out of, or in any way connected with the
letting, or resulting from any other cause whatsoever.
12. COMPLAINTS. Complaints must be taken up with the Agents during the tenancy and the Agency must be notified immediately so that on-the-spot investigation can be made if necessary. Under no circumstances will compensation be made for complaints raised after the tenancy has ended.
13. PETS. Pets are only permitted with prior consent of the Agents or Owners and when permitted, are to be kept under control and exercised off the premised. Pets must not be left alone in the property and are not allowed on the furniture or beds or upstairs (where applicable). A small weekly charge will be made for each pet.
14. THE TENANCY. This contract confers upon the tenant the right to occupy only for holiday purposes within the meaning of Para 9, Schedule
1 of the Housing Act 1988.
15. BREACH OF CONTRACT. If there shall be a breach of any of these conditions the Owners or Agents may re- enter the property and terminate the tenancy without prejudice to the other rights and remedies of the Owners. The contract is deemed to have been made at
Perranporth and the proper law of contract is English.
16. AUTHORITY TO SIGN. The person who signs the booking form certifies that he or she is authorised to agree these booking conditions on behalf of all persons included on the booking form, including those substituted or added at a later date. The signatory must be a member of
the party occupying the property.
17. PREVIOUS BROCHURES. This brochure and these booking conditions cancel all previous issues.
18. DISCREPANCIES. In case of any discrepancy between these booking conditions and any other content of the brochure, or implied in any correspondence, these conditions prevail.
!) We only collect information (name, address, phone number and email address) for the purpose of processing your payment (name and address needed for security reasons and to help prevent fraud) and to send you receipt of payment and confirmation of your booking.
2) We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
3) You are legally entitled to request details of the personal information which we hold about you, under the UK’s Data Protection Act 1998 and as of 25th May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)